Yesterday, I had a really nice post on why its good for secondary grievers to help out. Blogger ate it.
Yesterday, I made a chicken cordon bleu sandwich. I ate it.
Yesterday, I shared with Karen some snack mix. She ate it.
Rene's father is coming back to Ashland to be with his family in his final days of leukemia. (I feel bad for Rene. She has had to go through so much this year, in the time that I've known [of] her.) She needed help disinfecting her father's last home. Karen and I helped out. I wanted to help out because Rene seemed to need a compassionate hand when she's had such times, because she is part of my community and a community needs to be self-supporting, and because Rene has done a lot of good things in her life for others and deserves to have some come back to her, especially now and in the next few months.
Rene's pain and grief has spread to others (as it should in a community). So I feel those things too, but in a different way. For what Rene experiences, there is a way to respond. What I feel is different, and so the response is different. Since my feelings are directed towards Rene, so should the repsonse. When this happens in general, between a "direct feeler" and an "indirect feeler," it is good for the community, or at least the relationship, for the indirect feeler to do something for or with the direct feeler.
This is not Rene taking advantage of me. Because of the situation, energy and feeling has been created. The response towards Rene was the best way to use the energy and express the feeling.
I hope that when trials come upon me, I will be able to handle it with the strength and grace of Rene.
***
Saturady I went for a bike ride with Chris, Karen's boyfriend. We went to Phoenix on a circuitius and hilly parth. It took two hours. The week before, I took a direct path to Phoenix and back in two hours. In other words, Chris kicked my ass. Maybe we'll go again this weekend. With the weather growing nice, it will be easy to be on my bike a lot, or at least exercise over at the Y.
I'm in grad school for oceanography.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment