I've been invited to (apparently) Ambra's birthday party. That's cool. I have... friends.
Ambra's birthday is very close to Karen's. So I should get Karen something for her birthday: a Get Fuzzy book. Maybe I'll get Ambra a sounds-like wilco CD.
Doing a radio show would be really cool. Supposing I did an hour a week, I could do themes, like "today is socially conscience rap day" and "today is blues day" or "today is two-piece band day." That would make it really easy if I just did an hour a week. the part that makes me nervous is the having to have something for all the time that I'm on the air. that sounds hard to do with out sounding like what's already on the radio; i don't want to copy what anybody could hear somewhere else.
My partner for the show would be somebody with some kind of musical style. Katy has some musical sense about her, as does Ambra. Nobody else, save for Jon Little and Chris, jump out at me as having some musical taste at all. It like everybody just buys the stuff the radio tells them to buy.
There'd have to be a theme song. Inspector Gadget would be cool because everybody loves Inspector Gadget. Or I could try to mix some songs together, like some of the Johnny Cash circa Folsom Prison and the White Stripes covers. In both cases, the drummer just kinda beats the set like its sex.
Or a sports show. Talk. There's a lot that could be done, should be done. Will be done.
No comments:
Post a Comment