I'm going to be so glad to get out of an apartment. My neighbors from across the parking lot are helping me with my once-a-year ear bleeding. I'm not sure if they paid for that awful music or if they bought it. Remy doesn't think it's loud enough to be coming from an amp, but it seems too loud to be the stereo. It sounds like some girl just had her boyfriend dump her and now she's really drunk. And sad/angry. Sangry.
So I've visited four places.
Place number one: Small room. $350 rent. Two other people live there, and have for a while, so I'd be adjusting to two other people. That's not so good. Big yard, a dog. Easy place to store my bike. One bathroom for three people. Biggest selling point: half a block from school.
Place two: As far from school as possible and still technically in ashland. So, like, 15 minutes on the bike to get to school, all up hill. Furnished room, mediumish. $350. A woman and her just-graduated-from-high-school son, along with a UO-attending daughter for a few weeks and another roommate out in a cottage. The woman is a big-time bike person, that's cool. Essentially my own bathroom. W/D, DW, everything. Tons of space.
Place three: Two female roommates, both younger than me. I didn't immediately like them. Big room, though. 1 block from work, off of Siskiyou Avenue. Backyard and stuff. A cat. $285 plus a third of utilities, upwards of eighty dollars a month. Like the previous two places, I'd be moving into an established residence.
Place four: A male and a female roommate. The dude is down in Tahoe riding his bike a lot. I'd have to meet him first. I think we should go on a ride Saturday morning. The girl reminds me of Katy: Her hair is the same color, black, and it was in two pigtails too. She wore a black top with spaghetti straps and spiderweb on the left breast, made from glitter. A black bra was underneath, evidenced by straps. A death's-head-and-crossbones (pleather?) belt secured blue jeans that ended in bare feet. The small of her back framed a colored tattoo. Two dogs were running around, but I don't know if Katy has any dogs.
So good things are that I'm moving in with two people who are also moving in; we're all starting together. There are dogs. Bike storage. Big yard, one that I would like to dig up and reseed for a rent deduction. Bad things: At the far end of town, but 100 feet from Siskiyou and two blocks from work. Smallish room (but I can put stuff outside my room!). Rent is $325 a month plus a third of utilities, so 375-400-ish. But, damnit, I'm worth it.
Clearly I like four best, followed by two then one. I don't like three's people. Two or four will convince to get a road bike now.
I'm in grad school for oceanography.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment