I'm in grad school for oceanography.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

I hate it when the computer eats my work. It cleans up better than I do, when it comes to eating.

the mop bucket took issue with me picking it up to dump it out. It starts jostling around, acting like a little kid who doesn't want to go to the pediatrician. just before I dump it, it dumps itself, all over my shirt and pants, and on to the floor. I kicked and cursed it into a mini mop bucket, let it cower in the corner.

We're coming to a mutual understanding, me and the mop bucket. we both understand and we both know it can ask for and receive anything so I can get it to do what I want, and we both know the other knows what we, as individuals, know. In other words, we both have complete understanding of all perspectives in the situation. And it sucks for me.

I don't want to work there during school. During school, I want to work friday night, saturdy, sunday, and maybe monday. Tuesday is my whole day off. Wednesdays and thursdays are days to grind through homework. monday would be another nice day to have to grind it out.

By the time school starts, I will get a job making ten dollars an hour with very flexible hours.

Megan, Karen and I will be an unstoppable juggernaut of methematics students next term. I want to believe that I will be part of an untouchable academic team. i want to believe that any of the three of us is strong enough to bear all three of us, academically, for a little while. I think that is because none of the three of us like working in groups. I only liek group work when I get to expalin something to somebody else. I wind up understanding things much better that way. "Howeva," to quote Steven A. Smith, the group work is not a crutch for any of the three of us, rather, the three of us are used to being a crutch. That is why we will succed. We're like the Yankees, if the Yankees won 95 per cent of their games.

No comments: