I used to think Ashland sucked. Not much to do here. And there isn't a lot to do inside if you're broke (or spend like it). BUt once you go outside there is whole lot to do while the sun is up.
Fo' instance, you can bike. I bought a bike befoe school started and am just now starting to get in to it (especially since I don't have to keep it inside anymore). Cruising around the farmland is fun, and it feels pretty coll to bhe able to say I went to here, here and here when getting there by car would have taken a long time (say, more than an hour). You can go up some the hills in town and then come down them, like Tolman Creek or Park Street. Tolman creek is a couple miles long on the descent. Park street is super steep at the initial descent you start going pretty fast by the time you get to the bottom. Speeding-ticket, if-I-spill-I'd-be-better-off-rubbing-myself-with-a-cheese-grater fast. There are trails all around the hills, which is cool.
Today, I went up (and down) park street. Since park street is so steep, it's difficult to climb up it, so I used some of the side streets and eventually got to park street. I didn't know when I'd be back up there again (tomarrow probably), I decided to follow the Crest-to-Creek dirt trail for a while. I got dumped two or three times, but definatley scraped in three places: left palm, right plam, and right forearm. I could blame it on my inexperience, but shifting the blame to my road tires makes me sound more talented (but maybe stupid for using road tires on dirt. Either way, I didn't know what I was doing.). Eventually I got back to park street. Coming down that pretty much rocks.
I'm in grad school for oceanography.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment