Megan and JC came and visited me today! It was the coolest. We toured my home, they told me about their home, we toured my office, then went and ate lunch at American Dream Pizza. Having friends around for a little while was good. It points out that I don't have any friends around here yet. I think this means I ought to try and find some soon. Especially female friends.
It is much easier to be friends with women than with men because it takes me longer to trust men as compared to women, at least if the man is single. I think it has to do with me needing to compete with a man for a woman's attention, which is a competition I feel I cannot win because I feel a single man will double-cross me for a woman's attention. But, if a man is attatched, he is concerned with only his woman's attention. That is why I feel I can trust an attached man more easily than a single man. My best male friends over the last 4 and half years have all been attached.
But making friends will be easier soon. A midterm Wednesday night, then some after-midterm bonding. Two midterms next week, then the first Friday after we all get paid. We're going to go out for a meal, hopefully Mexican or McMenamin's. I would hope at least six of go, possibly double that. Basically, we need to eat and talk and play some games. It would be nice to have the attentions of single women around, too, but I don't know of any yet.
I'm in grad school for oceanography.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment