I'm in grad school for oceanography.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Riding my bike a lot has kicked either my metabolism or my hunger into overdrive. This entire past week, after getting back from riding at about 6 or 6:30 pm, I've been hungry all night. It hasn't matter what I've eaten (mostly starches), but I've pounded serving after serving all night long.

Wednesday, I had three half chicken breast sandwiches, about two fists of rice, a fist of curry soup, and three-eighths of a Harry and David marionberry cheesecake. Thursday, after my race, I had another chicken breast sandwich, two fists of rice and a fist of curry soup and about 75 ounces of water and gatorade mix. Tonight I had a chicken breast and about four-fifths of a family-sized potatoes au gratin, then later went to red robin and had a burger, a basket and a half of fries and milkshake. Bear in mind that on each night, all this eating occurred in a four hour span. And the craziest part is I didn't even ride today but my impressive hunger kept up. Tomarrow morning I'm riding hide with a friend. My hunger will be in force tomarrow.

If I were going food shopping tomarrow, I need to get breakfast cereal, onions tomatoes and peppers for an omelette, the ability to cook an omelette, a lot of triscuits, some plain cheddar cheese, salad in a bag and some more chicken breast. I bbq the last of my chicken breast this evening.

Lately, my bbq fires have been too hot and I've been burning my chicken. I burned half of the steak I cooked today, while the other side came out a little under done. the solution is to use less coals and cover my grill. This will be attempted next week.

No comments: