I'm in grad school for oceanography.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I'm getting stronger on the bike. Today, I rode to the point of my lactic acid threshold and held it there for maybe five minutes. I dropped below it when I started down a hill, and then I couldn't get it back up. I kept breathing pretty hard the second half of the ride. I caught one dude who was on his way home from work, but later I got caught by some old dude on a single speed bike. I was a little embarrassed by that.

Today's route was the bike path to the east orchards, my preferred long path, down fern valley road into phoenix, then up coleman creek road. I caught the commuter on adams road. The old dude caught me on on talent avenue. I did the whole route in about 1:54. Kristopher and I finished it together in about 1:45. I think I could have finished faster if I hadn't been talking to the two dudes I met along the way. I don't want to be a dick when I meet other people, so slowing down and talking is the thing to do.

Tomarrow will be a light ride: there's a race thursday.

No comments: