I think I'm going on a date tomarrow with JC. Or I think I am, I don't know what she thinks. Depending on how it goes, I'll ask. I only want to ask if the answer is yes.
Tony pierce is the man who inspired this year's christmas gift to my family. the photo essay is a great technique for telling a story. It moves the focus off of the words on to the pictures. It makes a greater distinction between reality and and the author's perception of it because the pictures present reality (of course, presented by the photographer's bias) for the reader to analyze. In other words, the story from the pictueres makes it harder to completely trust any single narrator.
So, when I talk about a typical school day, because pictures and words engage tha audience better than words alone, the audience is further drawn into my world and hence is more imaginative to all the possibilites of that world. Its one thing for me to say its cold and frosty, its another thing for frost to be on the grass and the sun start to... boil? ...vaporize the ice crystals. Its one thing to say its a couple miles to school. Its another thing to have half a dozen pictues showing the route, and where the destination photo and origin photo do not intersect.
I think I'll like this photoessay.
I'm in grad school for oceanography.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment