The Scandinavian Princess looks like Princess Leia. Elle est blond avec les yuex bleu, mais que totalement.-- Disney's The Three Musketeers is playing in the background. I am a little distracted.-- While I think of her as the Scandinavian Princess, she looks a little, ah, country. All I have to base that on is a face that is broad when the body is hidden underneath a server's uniform. Round is a more appropriate, and more complimentary. Elle est une tres belle.
Tomarrow night is the last night that we both work together. I'd like to ask her to a meal, or to go CD shopping with me when I pick up something for the trip. If we go CD shopping, I want to go to Musichead in Medfrods. It'll be inconvenient for my CD player to continue not to work. That means I have to talk, and, oh, shit, I.. cannot... make... small... talk. It'll... be like a... stoner... doing a ... William Shatner... impression. But with less talking. C'est possible la belle aime que.
Browsing Musichead's website, it appears that they list their entire inventory online, which is cool. I could get Nirvana Unplugged, NIN and Primus all for less than 30 bucks. That would be very cool.
If I go book shopping, I'll get one of three books: A Lefty's Legacy, The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty, 'Cane Mutiny or something by Chuck Palahniuk. He just released some memoir-type-thingy in the last few weeks. I hope those are available at a local store. Probably the little place I like downtown.
A Lefty's Legacy, by Jane Peavy, is about Sandy Koufax. For those like myself, who never saw him pitch, I think he is perceived as very good left-handed pitcher with a devastating curve and a career cut short by arthritis. I would like to know him more. It is a couple years old. It received critical acclaim. (I thought Aaron Gleeman endorsed it as well, but I couldn't any supporting evidence. He did give it away as a prize. It would seem that it is not good enough to keep, but good enough for somebody else to read.)
The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty is by Buster Olney, a former Yankee beat writer and current writer for ESPN.com. I've read a couple excerpts online, and like what I've read. It tells the story of the Yankees who played a role in the team that lost to the Diamondbacks in 2001. It seems to be play-by-play and mini-biography.
'Cane Mutiny is by Bruce Feldman, another ESPN.com writer. It is a history of the Miami Hurricanes. I read an excerpt at the .Com and obviously liked it as well.
I'm in grad school for oceanography.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment