The cubs split a double header today. In the first game, they beat Carl Pavano, while mark prior shoved it up their ass. Final score: 5-1. Second game, the cubs lost to some guy who hasn't started since '98. Yeesh. Final score: 2-5.
Started a serious look at grad schools today. Dad and I visited Case in late in the workday. All I learned from there is that I don't like urban schools and I want to know a PhD student's story. I am not going to be changing schools half way through my program. I will begin and end at the same place. If I am going to spend five years at one school, it had damn well better be some place I like.
I want it to be green. I want the halls of my workplace to be appropriate. Not big or small. No low ceilings with industrial lights and utilitarian brick work.
My school will be in a sea of green. My school will look nice. My school will have students who care. (we came by around four pm. Two faculty members were present, as well as three students and a tutor.)
Things to do.
I'm in grad school for oceanography.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment