Went garage-sailing today with Karen, Karen's friend Ashley and Megan. We didn't find anything exciting at all, but we each found something.
I got a frisbie for a quarter at the first place we stopped. It's a good one too; it's a lime green 160 gram Whamo. Later, Megan told me that her boyfriend's mom may be giving away a twin bed and a desk. It might just be perfect fit for my tiny room.
Karen got a bathing suit for 11 dollars.
Ashley found out about the Medford Goodwill. The Ashland Store looks like a... garage sail compared to the Medford store. Their wide variety of inexpensive furniture makes for logical place to go next time furniture is needed. Before we left the store, Megan asked if I found anything.
"A pair of black leather pants and a shirt that says, 'Remember my name because you'll be screaming it all night.' "
Ashley got the shirt for her friend. (The shirt says, "Remember my name, because you'll be screaming it later." Faulty human RAM.)
Megan got to ride around with us and enjoy our company. For her birthday, I gave a garage-sail gift certificate. Last night I remembered it, but this morning I forgot about it. Megan never said anything about it, so I think she forgot about it too. I've been inspired to make her something else, though. Something else that rhmyes with -usic, a CD of Johnny Cash music, since its the closest (or best) thing I have to country music, Megan's favorite kind.
Yesterday I bought the latest original release from Bad Religion, The Empire Strikes First. Bad Religion is Karen's favorite band, so I'm going to make her a copy of it. Tonight at work, I thought I'd burn Kris a CD of Johnny Cash music so I'd have something to give to him when Karen throws Movie Night. So Megan wouldn't feel left out, I'd make her a copy of Kris's CD. However, I'm going to make two different CD's: Kris will get Angry Johnny Cash and Megan will get Loving Johnny Cash. I thought about making two copies of John's Favorite Cash, but that's not personal for each of them.
I'm in grad school for oceanography.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment