I'm in grad school for oceanography.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ride, Ride, Ride...

So I got out a bit today. A couple laps around Decker (with an extra hill climb on each lap). It was about 52 miles and three-and-a-half hours. My times up Decker were 9:30, 9:45, 9:36 and 9:51. Those times are much slower than what I was doing 10 months ago in April, but I bet I do better in April 2007 than in April 2006. I also spent about an hour in the aero bars, and that went well. I mixed in two or three 5 minute long intervals during the aero bar time. I also did a good job of taking in fluids and a pretty good job of eating. Though I think I could have done a better job eating solid food (I ate one clif bar, and I think I should have eaten two), I was full when I got home.

Maybe Sunday or Monday I will spin for an hour. Tuesday or Wednesday I want to ride for couple hours on the rollers and get in three ten-minute long intervals after warming up. I'd like to do a thirty minute warm up, and ten do three sessions of 10 minute interval/20 minute recovery. We'll see how that goes.

Thursday or Friday I want to spin on the rollers.

Sunday is the Jack Frost time trial. Ken and I will do that. Saturday we will preview the course.

Some stats:
Miles:52.3
Time pedaling: 3:15
Repeat times for Decker: 9:30, 9:45, 9:36, 9:51
Average MPG: 16.1
Calories burned: 2975.

No comments: