Oh man, I got my but kicked last night. I think I got lapped by everybody in my race. Not only that, I broke a spoke. That's the best frigging part. Fortunatley, I've learned something very useful: I can't take a week off and expect to be succesful. So what I'm going to do is work hard during the two weeks until the next race, and I'll be succesful then. Tonight I'm just going to ride after working. I'll ride out past the lake, and start going up old highway 99. Saturday I want to get two hours of riding in (maybe go out to phoenix). Sunday I want to climb up to Callahan's. Monday i can get my spoke fixed. Before the 21st, I will make a serious attempt at climbing mt. ashland. (Maybe that means climbing halfway between callahan's and the summit). On July 17, I will probably go to beacon rock, and drive back to medford on the morning of the twenty-first. The twenty third I will either make another attempt on mt. ashland or crater lake.
Last night I was really upset at how I did. I came home and brooded for a couple hours, then finally went to the store and bought some good food. things for pasta, burritos, pbj sandwiches, cheese, good cereal, bananas. I'm much happier about what I have to fuel my body with.
I'm in grad school for oceanography.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment