I'm in grad school for oceanography.

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

My last post from a couple weeks ago was eaten by the devil.

In the last two working days, monday and friday, some folks pushed me down because I let them. (Perhaps that should be "i let them.") I got cable installed before I got a definitive answer regarding the availability of the baseball package. Now I can watch a bunch of mariner games and a few braves games. The crowd goes wild.

Yesterday, in stats, the doc told us that 70% of lecture would be drawn from math 243, a class offered in high schools around the country. I'm not sure if I should do the work or talk to the teacher about making class harder.

I should do the work because it is assigned. I should not do the work because I've already taken math 243. Perhaps I will substitute my transcript.

I could talk to the teacher because my money, my time, my true non-renewable resoure, is being wasted. I toiled for a month a warehouse to pay for math 361 and 461. I put in a lot more work then than I am now. I am severely disappointed. I could not talk to the teacher because increasing the work load would earn the scorn of my thiry classmates. I think I will ask about a detailed syllabus and work on my own, instead.

No comments: